Pages

Friday, November 25, 2016

Self Filmed Turkey Hunt

Self filming is not easy...just want to through that out there. Maybe that's why I am drawn to it. Or it may just be the fact that I joined the pro staff at Bible Belt Outdoors as part of the video crew. Spring Turkey was the first hunting season I had to start my self filming journey. Looking back, turkey hunting was a great way to get my feet wet in self filming hunts.

Turkey Hunting Filming Gear:
HD Camera
Tripod
DSLR camera for pre and post interviews

Big Take Away - Self Filming Turkey Hunting: 
Keep your gear small and lightweight. You can get pretty bogged down with all the gear you can use for chasing spring turkeys. Bow, Blind, chair, Decoys, backpack, range finder, binoculars,...then add on your camera gear. A quick run and gun set-up needs a little practice. It took a few sits to figure this all out!

Ultimately I was able to get it done. Self filmed turkey hunt with a my 2016 Athens Ace Bow. You can see the hunt on our up and coming TV show on HuntChannel.TV this spring (April). Looks us up - Bible Belt Outdoors



No comments:

Post a Comment